First I want to say THANK YOU to those who left me a comment. I couldn't believe it, ya'll gave me warm fuzzies! :)
I was on my way to work Tuesday morning and saw one of those church signs with cheesy sayings on it. However, this particular sign had one that caught my attention. It said "Every path has its puddles." I thought about this all the way to work, probably because it feels like I've had my fair share of puddles recently, but two things struck me:
1. Grown-ups hate puddles. Children love them. Adults will walk over them, around them, do anything not to walk through them, but kids will get a running start and jump right into the middle, splashing water everywhere! They aren't concerned with staying clean or dry, just having fun. They are more open to enjoy life with free-abandon and less worried about squishy shoes for the rest of the day. I wish I could be more like that. Sometimes I wish I could see my puddles as opportunities or possible blessings instead of burdens. “I tell you the truth, unless you turn from your sins and become like little children, you will never get into the Kingdom of Heaven."
2. I wouldn't mind puddles nearly as much if I had the right gear to handle them. If I were going down my path and came across a puddle and suddenly could pull out some really cute pink rain boots covering my feet and legs I might not mind them as much. It made me realize that if I am in the word, praying, feeling covered by Him, the puddles don't seem as bad. Jesus equips us to deal with the puddles exceedingly better than we ever could. I guess on the path of life, Jesus can be our cute pink rain boots!!
Thursday, January 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Excellent thoughts! So true, and I had never thought about that before.
Wow, Ginny. Both of those are great, great points. Thanks so much for sharing that!
(There's the Ginny I remember in Bible class.) =)
that is a great lesson, ginny. thanks for sharing!
Great words for thought, Ginny. You should write daily devotionals.
I'm glad you're blogging again. I love to read what you young families are up to.
Hey friend. Thanks for sharing. I agree that life can just be a lot harder than we anticipated. I so need to meet with God each day to be prepared for all hard stuff that's in my path.
so great to hear your heart gin! great encouragement and thoughts i need to ponder! such truth to them! thanks for sharing. miss you
Ginny, I just happened to see your blog and have to say I needed these words SO much...what insight! This has blessed my day...thank you!
Post a Comment