Monday, October 15, 2007

Rough Week:
This past week was a little bit tough. We advertised Tully, our Golden Retriever on the "Kunming Swap" a weekly email that goes out to the foreigners in our city. I couldn't believe it but we had a great response and several families were interested in taking her. After a lot of deliberation and prayer we decided on a family of five from Brisbane, Australia. They have a 16, 14, and 8 year old and were so in love with Tully and so excited about making her apart of their family. Needless to say we were heartbroken to see our first baby girl go but really believe she is in a great place. I guess that is just the first of many tough goodbyes we will have in the next few months.

The weather is STILL bad. China has coined Kunming as the "City of Eternal Spring" but we've decided that their definition of spring must be gray cloudy skies, rain and cool temps. We were hoping the rainy season which began in June would be over by now, but I guess we are going to have to wait a little longer.

Lastly, Aria has been feeling terribly under the weather. She just had her first two teeth come through and I thought she was just feeling bad due to teething. But a pretty high fever stuck around for a few days along with a cough, runny nose, sneezing and major irritability. We've had several sleepless nights but hopefully she will be back to her old self soon.

We are hoping this week will bring some sunshine our way, in more ways than one...and we hope the same for you! :)

1 comment:

Vasca said...

Must've missed something...why are you going to have many good-byes in the coming months? Sorry you had to "transfer" Tully...
Pets become part of the family and I know how mixed you're feeling about not having her with you any longer.