
Our visit to Thailand:
We had a great time in Phuket. It is the most popular islands in Thailand, the only one you can get to by car. There were a lot of Europeans, Australians and Thai. I actually didn't meet any other Americans, I guess it is pretty far away from the states. We stayed in an area called Putong Beach, it was very commercial with lots of small hotels, restaurants and even Subway, McDonalds and Starbucks. We had a great time hanging out, eating and window shopping. On the first day we just got settled into the hotel and walked around. The second day it poured down raining so we went to the mall and walked around. I thought that Chinese people gave Ari a lot of attention but Thai people are even more baby crazy. Australians call this being "clucky." For example, they would say Thai people are clucky (crazy for babies). Anyway, Ari ate it up and had big smiles for everyone. Third day we went on a day trip to PiPi island and other surrounding islands. We headed out at 8:00 in the morning and got on the water in a 35-passenger boat, island hopping and snorkeling. Ari never ceases to amaze me in how laid back and easy going she is. She hung in there the whole day till we got back around 5:00. By the end of the day however, on the last island I went out and snorkeled for a few minutes and Kathryn and her friend Renee offered to watch Ari for me. Well, Ari was pretty tired and cranky, especially since I wasn't there so they gave her an ice cream popsicle and it made her feel LOTS better!! I am pretty strict with her diet so It was her first sugar, first dairy experience, needless to say she was a big fan. She had quite a sugar high for about 2 hours, which ended up lasting till we got home so I am not complaining. :) She laughed, flirted with all the guys on our boat and pretty much entertained everyone all the way home. On our last day we just chilled out in the room and by the pool and shopped in the local market. My friends also treated me and baby-sat Ari while I had a two hour traditional Thai massage and a 45-minute foot massage. It was by far the most amazing massage I have ever had, very different than the massages back home and very invigorating. The whole trip was a relaxing experience and it's always fun to see a new and exciting place. It was also great to hang out with my friends from Sydney.
1 comment:
Ginny, Your life is so different than mine, but I can still relate so much to you through motherhood. What a beautiful little girl you two have and I am thrilled that you got some time away from being "Mommy" to enjoy a massage.
Post a Comment